Friday, September 23, 2005

Ok, I’ll start off by explaining my name. I once worked at a wilderness therapy program called redcliff ascent, if you've ever seen the TV program "brat camp" you'd understand. well after a while you are given a new name, only this one will be one you have earned through your actions rather than one that your parents thought didn't sound too dorky twenty years ago. The name that stone bear thought fit me was quietelk. The quiet stands for an ability to think before acting, and the elk is thought to be a wise yet powerful animal. Later on in my stay at redcliff my name also came to mean that I had a tendency to sneak around and catch kids doing things that they weren’t supposed to, such as swapping medication, or plotting to run away.

3 Comments:

Blogger FeatherSky said...

Great to have you in the blogworld, Quiet Elk :)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Butterfly Kisses said...

Here, here! I can't wait to read some of your thoughts.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Hello, Quiet Elk. I like the answer you gave to that silly question that Blogger put in your profile. What more is there to say than "no"?

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home