Monday, October 10, 2005

100 Truths about Me:

1. I have two kids, Jaedin and Jenacy
2. If we have another boy I have no idea what to name him
3. I have the smartest son in the world
4. And a daughter who is cuter than kittens
5. My greatest hope is that my kids will stay true to the Church
6. All other aspects of their lives will fall into place
7. My wife’s name is Timber
8. My wife is the greatest
9. She is tougher than most guys
10. She can hike a mountain with a 50 pound pack, stitch her own wounds with super glue, and go through labor with no pain killer, twice
11. And yet she still melts when our daughter smiles
12. And cries when she bears her testimony
13. She is very well rounded
14. Someday I’ll buy her a house with a white picket fence and a garden that waters itself
15. Timber once got me a bird eater tarantula named kitty
16. He would eat mice, not birds
17. My roommate left the lid off while I was camping so it got out, then he killed it looking for it
17. I buried it under a ponderosa pine tree.
18. Now I have a pinecone named kitty
19. I took my wife on a backpacking trip to Europe for a month on our honeymoon
20. We saw England, Scotland, Spain, and Gibraltar
21. Daylight savings time is different in Spain
22. We only went to Spain because it never stopped raining in Scotland
23. I don’t think hell is hot, I think it is cold and wet
24. We camped in the shadows of a ruined castle in Scotland
25. If there had been enough sun to cast shadows
26. For our one month wedding anniversary I took Timber to McDonalds
27. We were at an airport, and had almost no money
28. We’ve been married 5 ½ years
29. We’ve moved 10 times since our marriage
30. And lived in three states
31. I’m not with the military
32. I love to camp
33. I once camped for 24 days straight
34. I can make a fire with sticks
35. Timber and I taught wilderness survival for two years
36. I once used peer pressure to make my wife eat a pot of ants, and a rattlesnake
37. I still have the snake hide
38. I used to eat any thing with out gaining weight
39. Then I gained 35 pounds in one year
40. It was fun while it lasted
41. Weird things I’ve eaten are: bulldog, fish head-including brain and eyes, raw fish, sea urchin, abelone, raw muscles fresh off the beach, pig brain, chicken feet, squid, octopus, ants, rattlesnake, scorpion, horse, shark, and Timber’s cooking
42. I hate pro sports
43. Who could possibly watch golf?
44. I went on a two year mission to New Zealand
45. It made me who I am today
46. I’ll go back someday with my family
47. I know the Haka
48. I’m not afraid to wear a lavalava
49. I have a turtle named puppy
50. I hate superiority complexes
51. Manipulation is my pet peeve
52. I believe that selfishness is the world’s greatest sin
53. I grew up in Utah
54. Someday I’d like to move back to Utah
55. I got my first job when I was 16.
56. Over the years I’ve been an: amusement park rides operator, preacher, a stripper (of wire, that is), forklift operator, one day in a cookie factory, stocker at Wal-Mart, vending machine technician, youth therapist, wilderness survival teacher, search and rescue, Coca-Cola delivery driver, student, dad, airplane detailer, lawn mower, airplane refueler, and flight instructor
57. My First car was a red Chevy cavalier
58. I called it the cherry bomb
59. I have the best parents in the world
60. I was probably a hard kid to raise
61. Somehow they did a good job though
62. I went camping with my dad and brother at least once a year for a father son outing
63. We had a tradition of eating a half gallon of ice cream before camping
64. My hobby is making chain mail
65. I’ve made a chain mail shirt for myself, my wife, and my son
66. And gloves for my dad and brother
67. That’s over a mile of wire
68. I love to study medieval strategy and weapons
69. I own almost 100 knives swords and daggers
70. I’m a flight instructor by trade
71. There’s no money in flight instruction
72. So I also work refueling airplanes, mowing lawns, and washing airplanes
73. Someday I’ll pay some young upstart to wash my airplane
74. I’ve trained 11 pilots
75. They all passed their first try
76. I’m a rock hound
77. Few things bore Timber more than listening to me talk about rocks
78. I love to read
79. Robert Jordan is my favorite author
80. His books make all others look like they where written by children
81. I hate being late to things
82. I’m not very punctual
83. My wife hates that
84. I own a cloak
85. So I’m always a druid for Halloween
86. I’m a terrible blogger
87. I only post once a month
88. I am not a list person
89. I have spent more than a week in at least 10 states and 7 countries
90. I have chronic pain in my left foot
91. I get Claustrophobic in big cities
92. I have pet a sea turtle
93. I have hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
94. I have swam in the Mediterranean Sea
95. I love spending time with my family
96. Even though I tease her, I would rather spend time with my wife than do anything else
97. Even fly
98. There is nothing cuter than dancing to the music in my two year olds head
99. Did I mention that my wife is the best whiffy ever?
100. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Laterday Saints is Gods church restored to the earth. God and Jesus did appear to the Prophet Joseph Smith, and through him brought about all the rights and privileges of the priesthood. I hold that priesthood. I know that God lives. He is as real as you or me. I have felt His love, and try to follow his commandments. I am grateful to Christ for coming to earth to die for my sins. Without Him it would be impossible to return to live with our Heavenly Father.

5 Comments:

Blogger FeatherSky said...

Hey! My cooking is terrific! It's the fire alarms that have the problem ;)

Thanks for all that other nice stuff too. You're the best :)

6:30 AM  
Blogger mightybob said...

where's the sea turtle?

12:27 AM  
Blogger Quiet Elk said...

he's living a long life in hawaii

6:14 AM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

We built a miniature trebuchet out of cardboard last summer for my son's school project on Medieval Life. There's a bunch of information on the type of trebuchet we built, here:

http://www.teamdroid.com/archives/
2005/06/09/build-a-paper-trebuchet/

I realize it's not the same as swords and chain mail, but I thought maybe you'd be interested.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Butterfly Kisses said...

Wow, it is interesting to read about you in list form--I love it. You weren't all that hard to raise. Hmm, I wonder if I would have said that 15 years ago.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home