Monday, January 02, 2006

Almost a year ago I got the opportunity to ferry a plane from Alabama to Utah. While we were flying over the four corners area I was looking down on all the plateau canyons and old river washes, and thought that it would take weeks to explore the area on foot that we had just covered in a few minuets. That’s when I got the idea to get a small bush plane so I could land on the plateaus and explore before moving on to the next interesting place.

The other night I had one of those really vivid dreams where my dad and I were in a Maul (a lot like a better performing Cessna) and we had landed on a plateau in the Price Utah area, we were looking for an old Butch Cassidy hideout. Now on my trip I never flew over that area, and I hadn’t thought about looking for the hideout until my dream. So it was almost like a glimpse into the future. Someday I will buy or rent a Maul and take my dad to finally find that hideout we looked for all those years ago.

4 Comments:

Blogger Butterfly Kisses said...

Wow, I'm sure he can hardly wait. Good to hear from you.

5:08 PM  
Blogger FeatherSky said...

Well, you're going to need a chauffeur, so mom and I are going to come too :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Butterfly Kisses said...

Amen Feathersky!!!

4:09 PM  
Blogger mightybob said...

Yeah, and you'd better do it soon -- he may not have the knees for it after too long :)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home