Sunday, May 21, 2006

Wiley Post

The route that I flew yesterday took me back to Oklahoma, to an airport just north of the airport that I did all my training in called Wiley Post. For your big final test to get your commercial pilot’s license you need to fly with an FAA examiner. Three years ago when I was ready to take the test the FAA guy lived up by Wiley Post, so that was the airport I flew out of. I hadn't done as well as I had hoped on the test, and I was frustrated at my inability to perform. I remember sitting in the terminal watching all the planes taxi past wondering if I'd ever make it. It's a surreal feeling for me as I sit in my airplane and taxi past the same terminal. I wonder if there is anyone in there looking at me wondering if they will ever make it.


Maybe it's kind of like the way Anakin felt coming back to Tatooine, no longer a slave boy, but now a mighty Jedi. If it follows this trend the next time I go back to Wiley Post I will be the undisputed master of the galaxy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Butterfly Kisses said...

Definately surreal. You have rather grandiose daydreams oh galaxy master.

9:32 PM  
Blogger FeatherSky said...

I'll bet your airplane is the only one with lightsaber holsters.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Squeakie said...

Is it easy to fly without arms? Should Timber be keeping an eye on you and Jaedin?

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home