Zen and the art of the serpentine belt
Last week I was trying to change the serpentine belt on our car. I knew how to change it, in that I was pretty sure which belt it was, but the details on how to get it on and off where a bit fuzzy. So I was working on getting it off for about two hours, all the while secretly hoping that I wouldn't get it off, because I wasn't sure I would ever be able to get one back on and at least this way I would be able to drive it to someone who had seen the inside of a car before. I spent about two hours trying to get to a bolt turned that was so inconveniently placed that it had to be part of some conspiracy. Probably wondering if I had heat stroke, Feathersky comes out to check on me, looks at the engine, and says "well why don't you just use this other tool like this?"
Well, ten minuets later I was sitting back inside the air conditioned house wondering if there was anything this woman can't do. Did I get lucky or what?
Well, ten minuets later I was sitting back inside the air conditioned house wondering if there was anything this woman can't do. Did I get lucky or what?

2 Comments:
You definately got lucky. I'm glad you were able to get the new belt on. I know I don't know what a serpentine belt looks like. The big question is...does your car work well now?
yep, you struck it rich when you married timber.
Post a Comment
<< Home