Co-Pilot
Jaedin had a tuff week a couple of weeks ago. It seemed like every time he would get off time out he would be back on it a couple of minuets later. He was being disobedient and defiant. We figured that he was upset because of all the new things that were going on, and so Timber and I decided to try and work harder at giving him a lot of positive reinforcements. We've been trying to catch him doing good things and reward him for them. We've also given him some "big" rewards at the end of the day if he can be good for the whole day. Some days he's gotten to play baseball with me, or go swimming, or go on a special outing. Well, last week his special reward for being good is that he got to go flying with me. This is the first time he's gotten to go since we moved so he was super excited.









I think the big rewards have worked because this last week has been one of the best he's ever had. Sometimes he still walks around saying "PAPA TANGO PAPA TANGO!!" So I think he had fun. I'm glad we went swimming before it turned ice cold too.

2 Comments:
I'll bet he felt really special to be able to go to work with his Dad. You are a good Dad. I'm proud of you.
i love all the pics! and i love the methods you guys are using for child discipline. catching kids doing things right is not second-nature to most parents. what good parents. i'm proud of you, too :)
Post a Comment
<< Home